At the end of the warm season, the following types of work were performed:
- all spans of the bridge are installed on supporting parts;
the bridge bed was made of BMP plates on spans 1-2, 9-10 with a length of 33.6 m;
- 2-3, 3-4 with a length of 77 m;
completed painting of spans PS 1-2, 9-10 with a length of 33.6 m;
- PS 2-3, 3-4 with a length of 77 m, PS 8-9 with a length of 132 m.
In parallel with the work on the spans, the left Bank dam was strengthened by 90% with a stone outline, and the right Bank dam was strengthened by 70%.
Since the second half of October, the company’s specialists have started to strengthen the embankment slopes of the left Bank approach with flexible mats filled with concrete. As of November 26, more than 28,000 m2 of surface has been reinforced.
Currently the following works are being performed at the construction site:
- the strengthening of the left-Bank dam;
- the device of power supply networks and auto-blocking of the bridge and outdoor lighting of the territory of security zones;
- the construction and reconstruction of buildings vohr;
- earthworks to form the embankment of the left Bank approach.
All work is performed in strict accordance with the schedule.
New bridge over the river Don will allow freight trains weighing up to 12 thousand tons to pass at a speed of up to 90 km/h. The start of traffic on the bridge is scheduled for 2019.